TrendForce: Global PV Demand Will Reach 158GW for 2021 as Many Regional Markets Rebound, but Risks Remain as Subsidies Drop
In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic affected the release of the global PV demand. However, the impact of the pandemic was not as significant as expected because the global market also showed considerable r...  more
[Lithium Battery] LG Energy Solution Plans to Begin Mass Production for All-Solid-State Batteries in 2026
Park Jinyong, Asia marketing manager for LG Energy Solution, said that his company is currently developing a polymer lithium-sulfur battery. This new generation of all-solid-state battery technology, which is expected to offer even higher energy density, lower weight, and greater safety, could be applied to electric vehicles, drones, and remote-controlled crafts. ...  more
Autowell (ATW), a Chinese provider of manufacturing equipment for PV products, has disclosed to Chinese news outlets that it plans to raise RMB 550 million by selling its shares to specific investors....  more
In order to construct a new economy that withstands climate change, the Government of Canada has announced that the country will comprehensively ban the sales of fossil fuel vehicles by 2035. It also proposed a stricter standard that requires all vehicles to be zero-emission by then, which means that HEVs will also be banned at that time....  more
[Storage] Form Energy’s Iron-Air Battery Becomes the Cheapest Storage Technology with a Cost 90% Less than Lithium Battery
The mysterious US startup Form Energy finally revealed the secret of its new battery, which is engineered with the iron-air battery technology to cut the cost to only 10% of lithium-ion, making it possibly the most inexpensive battery in the world....  more
Volvo officially announced its new concept electric vehicle in an online presentation on July 1. In an effort to prepare for its comprehensive electrification strategy for 2030, the company has sought the help of tech giants such as Google, Nvidia, and Luminar to assist it with its integration of automotive software and hardware and to help it to further upgrade its automotive technology....  more
- Aiko Solar Plans to Raise RMB 3.5 Billion for Capacity Expansion
- Largest Green Hydrogen Project in Kazakhstan Will Produce 3 Million Tons of Hydrogen Each Year Using..
- Charging Risk Rising As the GM Chevy Bolt is More Likely to Catch Fire than Gas Vehicles When Parked
- Are Video Games the Easiest Way to Experience Tesla’s Cybertruck Ahead of Time?
- Formosa 2 to Apply for the Second Project Extension as Pandemic Disrupts Offshore Wind Power Constru..
- Renault Works with ST on Electronic Power and Hopes to Lower Cost of EVs and HEVs by 30%
- Bangladesh Takes a U-Turn in Energy by Cancelling Plans for 10 Coal-Fired Power Plants
- Austria Releases Brand New Low Cost “Buoyancy Energy Storage System” That Can Be Paired with Offshor..
- Gogoro Releases Viva XL, a Great Help for Family Grocery Shopping
- Austria Commences Underground PV Conversion Plant to Achieve Uninterrupted Solar Power
- Talesun Signs a US$40 Million Module Deal with ACISA
- Con Edison and Centrica to Jointly Develop an Energy Storage Facility in a Former Parking Lot in Bro..
- EV & 5G Demand Raises Shipment of Semiconductors! Micron CEO Expects Eased Chip Shortage to Unleash ..
- Model 3 Obtains Top Pick in Safety Certification Without a Radar Configuration in Second Test