Total Inverter Shipment in Taiwan Once Again Sets Record High in 1H20, with Chinese Manufacturer Sungrow Making Its First Appearance in Top Three, Says TrendForce
The current progress of downstream PV system installation in Taiwan is considerably lagging behind the 2.2GW yearly installed PV capacity targeted by the Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs...  more
[Solar] Chenya Energy’s Largest Floating Power Station Achieves Financing and Completes Construction by the End of the Year
The largest floating solar station in the world will complete construction by the end of this year. Chenya Energy announced today (17th) that the financing for the projects of “East Lunwei 181MWp Floating Solar Power Station of Changhua Coast” and “Syuejia 75MWp Ground Solar Power Station of Tainan” have been achieved, and both power stations have set the highest capacity of solar in Taiwan. The two power stations are expected to be unveiled during the fourth quarter of 2020....  more
[Solar] Photovoltaic Industry Price Trend: Expanded Wiggle Room in Prices for Second and Third-Tier Businesses from Minor Price Fallback for Polysilicon and Modules
Polysilicon The loosened quotations caused by the small amount of new orders in the polysilicon market this week have propelled a small reduction in both mono and multi polysilicon. ...  more
[EV] Wireless Technology Management on Electric Vehicle Batteries to Enhance Battery Efficiency and Conserve Physical Wiring Space
Users are often prompted to replace their smartphones when they are no longer usable due to depleted batteries....  more
[Solar] Solar Industry Group Calls for Changes in Taiwan’s Green Energy Regulations so as to Help Supply Chain Actors Avoid Significant Losses
Representatives of the Taiwan Photovoltaic Industry Association (TPVIA) held a press conference on September 11 to voice their concerns about the future development of the domestic solar market. Those companies that attended the event are the major actors across the different sections of the island’s supply chain for PV technologies (e.g., upstream materials, cells, modules, and whole systems)....  more
[Solar] Gravitricity’s Gravity-Based Energy Storage Pilot Program Begins Construction, and Initiates Testing in 2021
Battery energy storage is merely one of the thousands of energy storage methods. Scottish start-up Gravitricity has recently commenced the construction for its 250KW pilot program of “gravity-based energy storage”, which will initiate testing in 2021. The program uses weight potential energy to generate power, which paves a new path for the development of energy storage from renewable energy....  more
- First Solar Brings Its Thin-Film PV Solutions to Distributed Generation Market as It Is Bullish on D..
- Next Generation Upgraded Lithium Ion Battery with Larger Capacity and Reduced Dimension May Fly to t..
- FSP Powering Up and Connecting to Smart Life
- Foresight of Tesla’s Battery Day: What Hole Card is Musk Holding?
- India Builds Largest “Solar Tree” that Serves as an Alternative Installation Art
- Scientists Developed a Battery-Free Game Boy that Provides Power Through Interaction Between Solar P..
- Exelon Announced Decommission for its Two Nuclear Power Plants in Illinois by 10 and 20 Years In Adv..
- Installed Capacity of Solar Hit Record High with Additional Capacity of 118GW in 2019
- American Startup Unveils “Battery” Made from Radioactive Waste That Is Safe and Can Last Up to 28,00..
- Raising Visibility of Wind Turbines by Changing Color of a Single Blade Can Reduce Bird Strikes by 7..
- Security Issues Derived from Battery Explosion; Investigation Result of US Energy Storage Plant Expl..
- Indian Solar Manufacturers Expects Basic Customs Duty to Rise to 50% In Facing Competition from Impo..
- UCR Researchers Present a Method for Converting Plastic Waste into Supercapacitors
- New Solar Marches Into Space as Perovskite and Organic Cells Complete Space Testing