The yearly COD capacity of the top 10 EPC suppliers accounted for 44% of Taiwan’s PV market According to the latest edition of the 2020 Solar Powering Taiwan: Special Report, published by the Energy...  more
[Solar] WoodMac: Costs of PV and Energy Storage Are Dropping Rapidly in the US as the COVID-19 Pandemic Causes Market Oversupply
Energy research firm Wood Mackenzie (WoodMac) reports that the costs of photovoltaic (PV) systems and energy storage systems are falling faster than originally anticipated in the US because of the economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic. Suppliers of these products have kept lowering prices as they face weakening demand and mounting inventory pressure....  more
[Solar] China-India Tension Might Indirectly Cause Higher Custom Duty on China's Exported Solar Products
The solar energy trade relation between China and India has been tense. India's 15% safeguard duty on solar cells and modules from China and Malaysia will expire at the end of July. According to some foreign media, the India government might intend to extend the safeguard duty and impose extra custom duty. In particular, solar cells and modules might be imposed custom duty of 20~25%. In 2021, it might double to 40%. India hopes to reduce its dependence on made-in-China products. This decision might reflect the clashes between India and China along their disputed border....  more
ResearchAndMarkets.com published a new article on the renewable energy industry "Partial Recovery Predicted in 2021 for Renewables Post Coronavirus" ...  more
[Solar] Solar Cells Featuring Low-Temperature Perovskite Developed by KAUST Researchers Achieve Conversion Efficiency of Nearly 22%
Halide perovskite is widely regarded as a “wonder material” for the next-generation of photovoltaic cells. While halide perovskite crystals are currently manufactured using a high-temperature process, a team of researchers at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia has recently discovered a “cooler” production method that yields crystals of a much higher quality....  more
CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) today announced that its Power and Energy business served as lead arranger on a $118.5 million financing for the utility-scale Harts Mill Solar project in Edgecombe County, North Carolina. ...  more
- Neste is First To Deliver Sustainable Aviation Fuel Via Pipeline to San Francisco
- Cypress Creek O&M Services Surpasses 3 GW of Solar Under Management
- The Ubiquitous Nanoplastic Particles Damage Growth and Health of Plants According to Scientists
- What Do The Lawyers Think About Sunrun's Deal With Vivint Solar?
- Is Sunrun's Acquisition of Vivint Solar A Good Bargain?
- Duke Energy Renewables' Largest Solar Project Now Online in Texas
- Water Produced by Solar Power? BlackRock Leads Investment in Startup with $US50 Million Funding
- JinkoSolar to Supply 126 MW of Modules for a Utility PV Project in Chile
- Air Products and thyssenkrupp Sign Exclusive Strategic Cooperation Agreement for World-Scale Electro..
- Duke Energy reaffirms capital investments in renewables and grid projects to deliver cleaner energy,..
- EnergyTrend: The Price Report of PV Industry Supply Chain (July 6)
- PV Comprising More Than 5% of Taiwan’s Total Generation at Noon Could Become Norm Thanks to Timely C..
- Global Biofuels Market: Trends, Insights and Forecasts to 2025
- COVID-19 Has Resulted in the Construction of Fewer New Wind Farms, Solar Panels and Other Facilities..