PV Industry Price Trend: Polysilicon and Wafer Prices Expected to Rise Continuously as High Cost and Production Restrictions Inhibit Mid and Downstream Operating Rate Relentlessly
Polysilicon Polysilicon quotations had sustained a large fluctuation this week, with the overall market still under price negotiation. As the end of the month approaches, most businesses have started to negotiate for October orders, and the demand for next month is seemingly unabated according to the level of order enquiries....  more
BMW announced on October 6 that its VC arm BMW i Ventures has joined a group of strategic investors in the US$150 million Series B funding round for startup Lilac Solutions. ...  more
[Solar] GEM Will Provide Another 650,000 Tons of High-Nickel Ternary Precursor Materials to ECOPRO BM Under a New MOU
Chinese battery chemical supplier GEM announced on October 10 that it has signed a new MOU with South Korean cathode material supplier ECOPRO BM. ...  more
Korea IT News reported that LG Energy Solution will commence the mass production of EV batteries for GM’s first heavy electric truck this October. The initial shipments of these batteries will come from LG’s battery plant in South Korea. Next year, the manufacturing of LG’s batteries for GM’s EVs will be handled by Ultium Cells, a US-based joint venture of the two companies. Currently, LG and GM are jointly building two battery plants in the US, one in Tennessee and one in Ohio. According to Korea IT News, LG will be activating its production line dedicated to the manufacturing of the batteries for GM’s vehicles at the start of this fourth quarter....  more
[Solar] China Builds 100GW Gigantic Renewable Energy Plant in Desert, Bigger than India’s Total Renewable Electricity Generation
As foreign media reported, China is now relentlessly establishing gigantic renewable power plants, the scale of which equals all of the wind and solar power in India with a capacity of around 100 GW....  more
[EV] China Power Crunch Causes EV Charging Problems, Industrial Investment and Development Might be Affected
Recently, power restrictions in China have affected various industries to different extents around the country. As Chinese media reported, the power crunch has also imposed heavy burden on the electric vehicle (EV) industry....  more
- Analysts: Chinese Businesses Ready for the Possible Minor Consolidation in the Lithium Mining Indust..
- Despite Experts’ Opinions to the Contrary, Britain Is Set to Achieve 100% Self-Generated Renewable E..
- Eneos to Acquire Japan Renewable Energy for US$1.8 Billion
- China Seeks for Coal Sources Around the World Amidst Irreconcilable Conflict with Australia
- Huadian Enters Agreement to Develop DG PV and a 200MW/1,600MW CAES Project in Hebei
- Is Energy Transformation a Bad Move? EU: Carbon Market Funds Able to Mitigate Impact from Surging El..
- CATL Outbids Ganfeng for Millennial Lithium with a Cash Offering of CAD 377 Million
- Peak Season of Apple is Added with Uncertainties as Suppliers Worry Power Restriction May Impact Sup..
- Portugal's 219 MW unsubsidized PV project was completed
- Reliance buys REC Group for US$771 million
- Meyer Burger showcases new solar tiles
- Risen Energy unveils n-type solar panel with output of 700 W
- JinkoSolar Gets Recognition as the Winner of the Green World Awards 2021
- Foxtron Demonstrates Its Results in Autonomous Driving Platform Research in Keelung in an Event Open..