First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ: FSLR) announced that five of its senior executives purchased a total of 5,500 shares of company stock this week to add to their current holdings. The purchases were made during one of four annual open trading windows for First Solar's Directors and Section 16 officers and have been reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission in Form 4 filings where applicable.
Each of the First Solar executives purchased shares on the open market using personal funds.
- Tymen DeJong purchased 1,000 shares. DeJong is Senior Vice President of Global Operations, responsible for First Solar's global manufacturing operations.
- Frank DeRosa purchased 500 shares. DeRosa was recently appointed to an expanded role as Senior Vice President of Business Development for the Americas, where he will oversee Project Development, Sales and Business Development for the Utility Systems Business Group in the Americas.
- TK Kallenbach purchased 1,000 shares. Kallenbach is President of the Components Business Group, responsible for sales of First Solar modules and balance-of-systems products, including First Solar's European distribution network.
- Jim Lamon purchased 2,000 shares. Lamon is Senior Vice President of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), which builds and operates utility-scale solar projects, including both First Solar's 2.6 gigawatt project pipeline and customer projects.
- Mark Widmar purchased 1,000 shares. Widmar joined First Solar in April as Chief Financial Officer.
"First Solar's leadership team has confidence in the company's long-term growth prospects and our ability to develop new markets and execute our cost, technology and project road maps," said Rob Gillette, CEO of First Solar.