The latest PV policy in June 2018 is driving PV power generation to quickly achieve grid parity at the power generation side. The PV industry faced continuous efficiency improvement demand and cost reduction pressure. The National Energy Administration (NEA) “Application Leader” project in 2017 full score standard requires multi and mono module efficiency to achieve 17.9% and 18.7%, and corresponding module powers of 295W and 310W. The “Technology Leader” project full score standard requires multi and mono module efficiency to achieve 19.4% and 20.4%, and corresponding module powers of 320W and 335W.
Advanced module technologies represented by bifacial module, shingled-cell module, halfcut-cell module, and multi-busbar(MBB) module, are working together with high-efficiency solar cell technology to increase PV system reliability and power generation efficiency, and to reduce the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) .
Double glass module replaces the PV backsheet with glass, which has higher reliability, weatherability and fire rating. Encapsulated with PERC, HJT or PERT bifacial cells, double glass module can realize bifacial power generation without significantly increasing cost, and achieve a power generation gain of 10%-25% at the PV system end. With the perfection of bifacial module test standards and test equipment, and the recognition of bifacial power generation value, bifacial module has bade 2.58GW in the 5GW application leader project in 2017, accounting for 51.6%.
Shingled-cell module consisting of solar cells conductively bonded to each other in a shingled manner, more than 13% of cells can be placed in the same area compared to regular modules. Shingled-cell module has the advantages of high output power, low internal loss, and low hot spot effect. The large ground power station using Seraphim Energy shingled modules was connected to the grid in January 2018. In May 2018, DZS Solar issued a new generation of high-efficiency shingled module, with mass production efficiency exceeding 20% and module power of 335W.
Halfcut-cell module connect the halfcut-cells in series, reducing the cell current mismatch loss and the ribbon power loss by 75%, so that output power of halfcut-cell module is higher about 5-10W, and the hot spot temperature is lower about 25℃than the regular module. Halfcut-cell module is compatible with bifacial, high-efficiency cell and MBB processes, is expected to become a new generation of conventional module technology. JA Solar, Jinko Solar, Canadian Solar, Hanwha Q Cells, REC Solar, Risen Solar, GCL Integration, etc. have already built GW-class halfcut -cell module capacity.
MBB technology can reduce the shading area and resistance loss, improve cell efficiency and ribbon area optical utilization, and further enhance the module power output. MBB cells also have the advantages of low silver paste consumption and low cracking. MBB cell metallization and interconnection process are the key technologies. Busbar-free technology uses round copper wire coated with a low-temperature alloy instead of main grid, which also has the MBB advantages.
2nd Bifacial, Shingled-cell, Halfcut-cell & MBB Modules Forum 2018will be held on August 2-3, 2018 in Changzhou, Jiangsu, China. The upcoming conference will discuss global and China’s PV market outlook and module technology trends, technical advantages and investment returns of bifacial, Shingled-cell, halfcut-cell & MBB modules, PV module intelligent manufacturing demonstration experience, bifacial module test standards and test equipment, Shingled-cell, Halfcut-cell & MBB module key equipments and industrial production yield increase, other advanced technologies and encapsulation materials to increase module power, etc.
The notice is as follows：
- Global and China’s PV market outlook and module technology trends
- Technical advantages and investment returns of bifacial, Shingled-cell, halfcut-cell & MBB modules
- PV module intelligent manufacturing and automation equipments
- Bifacial module test standards and test equipment
- Bifacial modules backside power generation optimization and tracking bracket combination applications
- Double glass bifacial modules manufacturing process and encapsulation materials
- Prospects for shingled-cell module capacity expansion and patent issues
- Conductive adhesive technology and reliability analysis of cell connections in shingled-cell module
- Advanced equipment and encapsulation technology for shingled-cell module
- High efficiency non-destructive laser scribing technology of halfcut-cell
- Combination advantages of halfcut-cell module, high efficiency cell and bifacial module
- Yield control of mass production halfcut-cell and shingled-cell modules
- MBB/ busbar-free module metallization and interconnect technology
- Advanced string welding equipment for MBB module
- Other advanced technologies and encapsulation materials to increase module power
B. Conference Day：August 2-3, 2018
C. Conference Venue：Sheraton Changzhou Xinbei Hotel
D. Registration Date：August 1, 2018 16:00 -21:00
E. For more details, please contact:
Miss Joanna Chen
Cell: +86-13701609248 (same as wechat)