Space-based solar energy is no longer the material for science fiction, but a reality! The report "Space-Based Solar Power: Market Opportunities" has detailed the great potential of this untapped market.
This report includes:
- An overview of the emerging market opportunities for space-based solar power systems
- Design, development and deployment of space-based solar energy systems; and locations for capturing solar energy and their geostationary orbit trajectories
- Information on estimated initial investments, spacecraft launch costs (market value), and comparative market statistics for solar energy and its growth on earth
- Data corresponding to solar PV power installations concentrated and floating solar PV power installations, as well as thermal heating and cooling installations
Space-based solar power (SSP) is the future of the solar power generation on Earth. In space, there is no controversy regarding land use or environmental protection. It is worth looking at space for better utilization and harness solar energy.
There is no day or night cycle above the Earth and
Better yet, there is not even an obstruction to sunlight due to the weather or clouds like in the Earth's atmosphere.
"An SBSP system would receive eight times more energy than Earth does."
- Professor Sergio Pellegrino of CalTech.
Space solar power is clean and inexhaustible as long as the Sun exists and is the largest energy source in the world. SSP has the capacity to provide clean solar energy in large quantities with very little environmental impact.
View source version on PR Newswire: