Nissan Group unveiled its October 2014 U.S. sales report. LEAF, the company’s electric vehicle model, performed well in October, representing a 29.3% sales growth compared to October 2013.
- Nissan Division set an October record with 94,072 sales in the month, a year-over-year increase of 14.9 percent. This marks a monthly sales record for Nissan in 13 consecutive months.
- Rogue sales set an October record at 14,685, an increase of 13.7 percent.
- Nissan LEAF also set an October record with 2,589 sales, an increase of 29.3 percent. LEAF has set the record for most U.S. sales in a year by an electric car at 24,411 in 2014 with two months remaining.
- Versa subcompact set an October sales record with 11,097, up 28.6 percent.
- Sentra sales totaled 13,129 in October, up 56.3 percent.
- Sales of the midsize Altima totaled 23,544, an increase of 8.1 percent.
- Frontier pickup sales increased 25.3 percent in October to 6,568.
- Murano crossover sales were up 37.7 percent as the company prepares to start production for the all-new 2015 Murano at the Canton, Mississippi assembly plant this Wednesday, Nov. 5.