RMT, Inc. (RMT), a renewable energy engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor specializing in the design, engineering, and construction of wind and solar energy generating facilities, is adding 555 MW to its renewable energy practice in 2012.
RMT’s 2012 construction portfolio consists of the following seven wind projects:
• Auwahi – Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, 24 MW, Maui, Hawaii
• Colorado Highlands – Alliance Power, 67 MW, Logan County, Colorado
• Kawailoa – First Wind, 69 MW, Oahu, Hawaii
• KWP II – First Wind, 21 MW, Maui, Hawaii
• Laurel Hill – Duke Energy, 69 MW, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
• Palouse – First Wind, 104 MW, Whitman County, Washington
• Post Rock – Wind Capital Group, 201 MW, Lincoln & Ellsworth Counties, Kansas
“Wind energy projects are growing more complex—with tighter budgets and schedules—particularly in 2012 with the pending PTC expiration,” said RMT President David Kutcher. “RMT remains focused on safely providing our clients with high-quality, efficient, and cost-effective design, engineering, and construction services. That is our culture and our commitment.”
RMT entered the renewable energy market in 1996, designing, engineering, and constructing wind energy facilities. RMT’s construction team is backed by in-house engineering and site development support professionals. As one of the only firms to self-perform both engineering and construction services in the renewable energy space, RMT provides an experienced team that works together across all project phases to deliver continuity of project vision and real-time solutions to complex project challenges.
RMT will be attending the AWEA WINDPOWER 2012 Conference & Exhibition June 3-6, 2012, in Atlanta, Georgia.